The officers of the AFG are the Chair, Chair-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and Immediate Past Chair. The AFG officer positions constitute the Executive Committee of the AFG.
Annual Officer Elections
The AFG holds officer elections each year for:
- Chair-Elect (one year post, then ascends to Chair);
- Treasurer (two year post, elections held on alternating years with Secretary); and
- Secretary (two year post, elections held on alternating years with Treasurer).
Nominations are generally accepted in the Northern Hemisphere Fall to early Spring of each year.
All AFG members in good standing are eligible to make a nomination or to be nominated.
Those interested in considering an officer position and those wishing to make an nominations should send an email to the attention of the AFG Nominations Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Election results will be announced at the Associate Fellows breakfast at the AsMA Annual Scientific Meeting each May.
Officer Duties and Responsibilities and Terms of Office
- Appoints AFG committee chairs;
- Convenes regular meetings of the officers and committee chairs; and
- Coordinates with the Chair of the Fellows to develop integrated activities.
One-year term after serving as the Chair-Elect for one year; the Chair-Elect assumes the position of Chair at the close of the annual business meeting.
Coordinates interaction with the AsMA Home Office.
One-year term with an annual election; the Chair-Elect assumes the position of Chair at the close of the annual business meeting.
- Coordinates with the AsMA Home Office for dues collection and investments;
- Works with the Membership Committee Chair to maintain records of the status of the AFG membership accounts;
- Reports regularly to the AFG Executive Committee and provides recommendations for investments;
- Coordinates with other AsMA entities (AMSRO, Foundation, Nursing, Space Medicine, etc.) regarding scholarships and other expenditures or investments; and
- The Treasurer also staffs (and finds others to help) the registration table at the AsMA Annual Scientific Meeting to collect dues and provide information.
Two-year term obligation with biennial elections occurring on alternating years with the Secretary.
- Records minutes of the meetings; and
- Coordinates with the AsMA office and the membership committee to maintain an accurate list of current Associate Fellows and AFG nominees.
Two-year term obligation with biennial elections occurring on alternating years with the Treasurer.
If you are interested in serving as an AFG Officer, please contact the Nominations Chair via the group email at email@example.com.